Go Beyond the Classroom
We encourage all School of Nursing students to consider participating in our student groups and committees. This is your School and we welcome your input and ideas.
The UConn Student Nurses Association (SNA) is a student-led organization that is open to all students of the University. The group mentors’ students in many areas of health care; participates in community services events; represents School of Nursing students within the University and at state and national meetings; sponsors an annual career fair for all health care majors; and conducts fundraising events.
The Nursing Learning Community serves as a support network for undergraduate Nursing majors. It offers an increased level of contact with faculty, staff, peer mentors, and professional organizations.
Undergraduate Leadership Council
The Undergraduate Leadership Council meets twice each semester and is made up of the class officers, organizational officers, Nursing Learning Community representatives, and mentoring program representatives. The current class officers are:
- Maria Bilzerian, President 2022
- Ian Holm, Vice President 2022
- Cynthia Bicalho, Secretary 2022
- Colin Regan, Treasurer 2022
- Ruby Amara, Fundraising Chair 2022
- Hannah Misto, Community Service Chair 2022
- Jessica Delgado, Class Historian 2022
- Barbara O'Neill & Anna Bourgault, Faculty Advisors
The following School of Nursing committees welcome student members:
- Innovation & New Knowledge Conference Committee (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate student)
- Curriculum and Courses (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate student)
- Doctoral Curriculum Committee (1 doctoral student)
- Global Programs (1 undergraduate student)
- Master's Curriculum Committee (1 master's student)
- Prelicensure Curriculum Committee (1 undergraduate student)