Don't Miss the Sponsor Deadlines
Grant Proposal Submission Process
9-10 Weeks Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- Pl reviews program announcement (RFP), guidelines, and completes Grant Initiation Form (below).
- Pl assembles research team including subaward collaborators and continues proposal planning.
- Pl requests mock review of proposal.
- Pl meets with Biostatistician at least 4 weeks prior to mock review, unless Associate Dean of Research (ADR) approves a delay.
6-8 Weeks Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- PI follows up with Biostatistician on study design. PI meets with ADR.
- PI meets with Research Office (RO) to discuss budget, subawards, performance sites, key individuals and their roles.
- RO provides checklist; PI reviews checklist.
- RO & ADR schedule mock review.
4-5 Weeks Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- Pl requests Letter of Support (LOS), biosketches, facilities from key Individuals, LOS from sites and supporters.
- Pl provides draft research plan to reviewers. Mock review is held.
- Pl establishes subaward administrative contact. RO requests subaward documents.
- Pl discusses course buyout plan with Dean Chyun.
3 Weeks Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- Pl provides relevance to public health statement, planned enrollment, assignment request form to RO.
- Pl meets with RO to finalize budget, justification, and discuss progress.
- Pl & RO request Internal Proposal Review (IPR) form signatures from key individuals and administrative approvals.
- RO initiates sponsor application.
2 Weeks Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- RO & Pl submit approved IPR, proposed budget and justification to SPS.
- Pl provides final abstract, cover letter, facilities, resource-sharing plan, multi-Pl plan, equipment to RO.
- PI provides final biosketches, LOS for all key individuals, required subaward documents to RO.
- Pl provides final draft of research strategy for copy editing prior to submission.
1 Week Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- PI sends final specific aims, research strategy, references cited, and clinical trials sections to RO.
- PI and RO make final adjustments to budget and justification.
- RO finalizes sponsor application.
2 Days Prior to Sponsor Deadline
- PI and RO finalize sponsor application.
- PI reviews final application in eRA Commons (if NIH).
- Submit application to sponsor.
- If NIH, PI to view final application in eRA Commons.