Note: Applicants for Change of Major into Nursing, or those transferring from an external institution, will be notified of their decision by the end of March 2019
Change of Major for UConn Students
We are transitioning to an on-line transfer/change of major application cycle soon. Thank you for your patience!
Applications are accepted between November 1st and February 1st.
- Change of Major for UConn Students can apply for admission into the School of Nursing from freshman through junior year
- If accepted, the program requires at least three years to complete
- Please note that while you are a current student at the University of Connecticut, you are not guaranteed admission into the School of Nursing
- Acceptance Letters will be sent before spring break
- All transfer students must meet the University undergraduate admission requirements and the prerequisites for the School of Nursing
- All transfer students seeking admission must apply through UConn Transfer Admissions. While completing your application, please choose nursing as your first, intended major.
- Transfer Course Equivalency Information
- Orientation for Transfer Students takes place each summer
- Non-Nursing students may choose to take NURS 1110 Introductions to Health/Discipline of Nursing or NURS 1130 Health Care Delivery System, provided there is space available. Please contact 860-486-1968 to be put on a wait list
- Interested change of major students are encouraged to attend Change of Major Program Information Sessions
- Students can follow the School of Nursing curriculum plan when planning their course schedule
- 3 years of language
- Physics in high school or PHYS 1010 at the University of Connecticut; students may elect to take PHYS 111 at a local community college as well
- B or higher in all math and science courses (must have taken Chemistry and Biology)
- 3.5 CGPA
- Applications are accepted between November 1st and February 1st.
Please deliver Admission and Enrollment Services materials to Storrs Hall Widmer Wing Room 17, or mail to:
University of Connecticut School of Nursing
Admissions and Student Support Services
231 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4026
Storrs, CT 06269-4026
You can reach us by:
P: (860) 486-1968
F: (860) 486-0906
E: Admission and Enrollment Services