Change of Major for UConn Students
Our new online system for change of major students is now live!
Applications are accepted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1.
- Change of Major for UConn Students can apply for admission into the School of Nursing from freshman through junior year
- If accepted, the program requires at least three years to complete
- Please note that while you are a current student at the University of Connecticut, you are not guaranteed admission into the School of Nursing
- Acceptance Letters will be sent before spring break
- Students in other majors may enroll in NURS 1130, Health Care Delivery System, or NURS 1131, Introduction to the Discipline of Nursing, provided space is available. Please contact 860-486-1968 for more information.
- Interested change of major students are encouraged to attend Change of Major Program Information Sessions
- Students can follow the School of Nursing curriculum plan when planning their course schedule
- All transfer students must meet the University undergraduate admission requirements and the prerequisites for the School of Nursing
- All transfer students seeking admission must apply through UConn Transfer Admissions. While completing your application, please choose nursing as your first, intended major.
- Transfer Course Equivalency Information
- Orientation for Transfer Students takes place each summer
- 3 years of language
- Physics in high school or PHYS 1010 at the University of Connecticut; students may elect to take PHYS 111 at a local community college as well
- B or higher in all math and science courses (must have taken Chemistry and Biology)
- 3.5 CGPA
- Applications are accepted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1.