Thomas Lawrence Long
Director, Nursing Learning Community
- Medical humanities and health studies
- History of nursing
- AIDS and culture
- Rhetoric and academic writing and publishing
- Technical and professional communication
- Associate editor, Literature & Medicine
- Editor, NursingWriting.com
- Executive committee, Medical Humanities and Health Studies Forum, Modern Language Association
- Editor, Newsletter of the Council of Editors of Learned Journals
- Editor, NursingWriting Blog
Long, T. L., & Beck, C. T. (2017). Writing in nursing: A brief guide. New York: Oxford University Press.
Long, T. L. (2016). The midwife’s calling: Martha Ballard’s diary and the empire of medical knowledge in the Early Republic. In M. M. Balkun & S. C. Imbarrato (Eds.), Women’s narratives of the early Americas and the formation of empire (pp. 77-91). Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
Long, T. (2016). Revising The Revelation: Early modern appropriations of medieval apocalypticism. In M. A. Ryan (Ed.), A companion to the premodern apocalypse (pp. 378-425). Leiden, NLD: Brill.
Long, T. L. (2014). James Sheridan Knowles’s gift album to Jemma Haigh: A glimpse of Victorian social networks and cultural practices.” Nineteenth Century Theatre and Film, 40(2), 125-132. doi:10.7227/NCTF.40.2.4
|Office Location||SH 313B|