- Henderson WA, Xiang L, Fourie NH, et al. Simple Lateral Flow Assays for Microbial Detection in Stool. Analytical Methods. 2018.
- Robinson JM, Henderson WA. Modelling the structure of a ceRNA-theoretical, bipartite microRNA-mRNA interaction network regulating intestinal epithelial cellular pathways using R programming. BMC Res Notes. 2018;11(1):19.
- Joseph PV, Abey SK, Wang D, et al. Henderson WA. Colon Epithelial MicroRNA Network in Fatty Liver. Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;2018:8246103.
- Joseph PV, Davidson HR, Boulineaux CM, et al. Henderson WA. Eating Behavior, Stress, and Adiposity: Discordance Between Perception and Physiology. Biol Res Nurs. 2018;20(5):531-540.
- Joseph PV, Wang Y, Fourie NH, Henderson WA. A computational framework for predicting obesity risk based on optimizing and integrating genetic risk score and gene expression profiles. PLoS One. 2018;13(5):e0197843.
- Weaver KR, Melkus GD, Fletcher J, Henderson WA. Perceived Stress, Its Physiological Correlates, and Quality of Life in Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Biol Res Nurs. 2018;20(3):312-320.
- Henderson WA, Rahim-Williams B, Kim KH, et al. The Gastrointestinal Pain Pointer: A Valid and Innovative Method to Assess Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2017;40(5):357-363.
- Abey SK, Yuana Y, Joseph PV, et al. Henderson WA. Lysozyme association with circulating RNA, extracellular vesicles, and chronic stress. BBA Clin. 2017;7:23-35.
- Sherwin LB, Ozoji OM, Boulineaux CM, et al. Henderson WA. Gender and Weight Influence Quality of Life in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. J Clin Med. 2017;6(11).
- Cong X, Xu W, Janton S, et al. Gut Microbiome Developmental Patterns in Early Life of Preterm Infants: Impacts of Feeding and Gender. PLoS One. 2016;11(4):e0152751.
- Weaver KR, Sherwin LB, Walitt B, Melkus GD, Henderson WA. Neuroimaging the brain-gut axis in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther. 2016;7(2):320-333.
- Fourie NH, Wang D, Abey SK, et al. Henderson WA. The microbiome of the oral mucosa in irritable bowel syndrome. Gut Microbes. 2016;7(4):286-301.
- Fourie NH, Peace RM, Abey SK, et al. Henderson WA. Elevated circulating miR-150 and miR-342-3p in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Exp Mol Pathol. 2014;96(3):422-425.
- Del Valle-Pinero AY, Van Deventer HE, Fourie NH, et al. Henderson WA. Gastrointestinal permeability in patients with irritable bowel syndrome assessed using a four probe permeability solution. Clin Chim Acta. 2013;418:97-101.
- Henderson WA, Martino AC, Kitamura N, Kim KH, Erlen JA. Symptom Status Predicts Patient Outcomes in Persons with HIV and Comorbid Liver Disease. AIDS Res Treat. 2012;2012:169645.
Wendy Henderson’s research is focused on developing innovations to improve outcomes in patients with acute and chronic gastrointestinal and liver disorders. Specifically, as a principal investigator and collaborator on multiple studies, Henderson has focused her science on the brain-gut-microbiota axis and chronic effects of stress on intestinal health across the lifespan. She is an inventor and holds multiple patents and licensed technologies. Before joining the University of Connecticut, Henderson was an Intramural Investigator and Chief of the Digestive Disorder Unit within the National Institute of Nursing Research’s Division of Intramural Research at the National Institutes of Health. During her tenure, she served as a primary investigator on multiple studies at NIH and developed a sustained Clinical and Translational Postdoctoral Program through which nurses learn personalized care approaches targeting patients’ symptoms. Henderson earned her BSS, MSN and Ph.D. in Nursing from the University of Pittsburgh, where she was also a Clinical and Translational Science Institute Fellow and completed a Patient Safety Fellowship.