In the News
Dr. Colleen Delaney and her holistic modalities – Unison Now 2013
- Nurse-led multicomponent interventions for older adults with heart failure receiving home care services
- Advanced practice nursing care for persons with dementia and their family caregivers living at home
- Evidence-based home care interventions to enhance care of older adults with depression
- Spirituality and spirituality-based interventions for community dwelling older adults with cardiovascular disease
- Principal Investigator, VNA HealthCare ($51,200) A Randomized Trial of Telemonitoring in Patients with Heart Failure Recently Discharged from Home Care or Skilled Nursing Facility. 2011-2012
- Principal Investigator, 2010- UConn Foundation ($1,500) Evaluation of a Depression Screening and Intervention Program for Older Home Health Care Patients. 2010-2011
- Co-Investigator, National Institutes of Nursing Research ($179,245) Proactive Primary Dementia Care (Fortinsky PI). 2009-2012
- Principal Investigator, VNA HealthCare Inc. ($5,000) Multicomponent Home Care Intervention for Heart Failure Patients: An Academic/Clinical Partnership. 2008-2009
- Delaney, C., Apostolidis, B, LaChappele, L, & Fortinsky, R. (2010). Home Care Nurses’
- Knowledge of Evidence-based Education Topics for Management of Heart Failure. Heart & Lung (E-pub ahead of print) doi:10.1016/j.hrtlng.2010.12.005.
- Delaney, C. & Apostilidis, Beka. (2010). Multicomponent Home Care Intervention for Heart
- Failure Patients: An Academic Clinical Partnership. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 25, E27-E40.
- Barrere, C., Delaney, C., Peterson, D., & Hickey. K. (2010). Primary Stroke Center Education for Nurses: Improving Core Measures. Journal of Nursing Administration, 40(12), 515-521.
- Delaney, C., Barrere, C., & Helming, M. (2010). The influence of a spirituality-based intervention on quality of life, depression, and anxiety in community-dwelling adults with cardiovascular disease. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 29(1), 21-32.
- Fortinsky, R., Zlateva, I., & Delaney, C. (2010). Dementia Care Among Primary Care Physicians in Two States: Self-Reported Practices and Interest in Information Technology Assistance. The Gerontologist, 50(2) 179-191.
- Delaney, C. & Barrere, C. (2009) Eco-Spirituality: The Experience of Environmental Meditation in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease. Holistic Nursing Practice. 23(6), 361-369
- Delaney, C., & Barrere, C. (2008). Blessings: The Influence of a Spirituality-Based Intervention on Psycho-Spiritual Outcomes in a Cardiac Population. Holistic Nursing Practice, 22(4), 210-219.
- Delaney, C. (2005). The Spirituality Scale: Holistic Assessment of the Human Spiritual Dimension. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 23(1) 145-167.
- 2010- VNA HealthCare Partner of the Year, VNA HealthCare Inc. Hartford, CT
- 2003- Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing, Western Connecticut State University
- 1999- Marlene Kramer Research Award, University of Connecticut