- Infant Development
- Maternal-Child Health
- Nurse Practitioner Role Development
- Interventions with preterm infants: Moderators of efficacy. National Institute of Child Health & Development. RO1 HD 38982 PI Doug Teti (UMD), Co-I Maureen Black (UMD), Co-I Regina Cusson (U of CT), Penny Glass (Children’s Hospital, National Medical Center), Rose Viscardi (UMD) $2.2 million. Subcontract with U of CT, $70,000 8/1/01 – 6/30/06.
- Examination of advanced practice neonatal nursing roles in Great Britain. Research Advisory Council, U of CT Graduate School, Principal Investigator: Regina Cusson, Large Faculty Grant, $4500 (7/1/04-6/30/05)
- Examination of advanced practice neonatal nursing roles in Great Britain, UConn Research Foundation, Small Faculty Award, $1,000 (5/04 to 12/04)
- Program for the study of health care relationships. Donaghue Medical Research Foundation. PI: Sally Cohen, Site Director, U of CT: Regina Cusson $3.1 million. Subcontract with U of CT, $256,975 7/1/00 – 12/31/04.
- Teti, D.M., Black, M.M., Viscardi, R., Glass, P., O’Connell, M.A., Baker, L., Cusson, R.M., & Hess, C.R. (2009). Intervention with African American, Premature Infants: Four-Month Results of an Early Intervention Program. Journal of Early Intervention, 31, 146-166.
- Cusson, R.M. & Strange, S.N. (2008). Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Role Transition: The Process of Re-Attaining Expert Status. Journal of Perinatal Neonatal Nursing. 22, 329-337.
- Cusson, R.M. (2008). State of the science of NNP education 2008. Advances in Neonatal Care. 8, 255.
- Cusson, R.M., Buus-Frank, M.E., Flanagan, V.A., Miller, S., Zukowsky, K., & Rasmussen, L. (2008). Surveying the current neonatal nurse practitioner workforce. Journal of Perinatology, Epub July 24, 2008.
- UConn Site Coordinator, Program for The Study of Health Care Relationships
- Coordinator, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Faculty Special Interest Group, Neonatal Advanced Practice Nursing Forum
- Facilitator, ENRS Methods and Measurement Research Interest Group
- Certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner by NCC